Metabolic Cooking If you treat eating like a process that requires your full attention, you'll be more aware of what you're eating. This way, you won't feel as inclined to snack and you'll have a more formal approach to your mealtimes. When you are ready to sit down to a meal, you should:
· Wash your hands before eating
· Eat the most fresh and nutrient rich food you can
· Eat balanced meals (pay attention to a variety of colours on your plate)
· Bless the food (be grateful for it and its value)
· Eat slowly and chew each bite-think about eating
Here's another tip about eating: To get the most nutritious value from your food, and to encourage proper digestion, chew your food up to 30 times before swallowing. If you don't chew your food properly before swallowing, you won't get the full nutritional value of the food. Further, if you haven't chewed your food well in the first place, your body has to work harder to digest your food and you won't feel good. You might feel sluggish and mentally unclear.