TopicWhat to do when ‘QuickBooks is not Responding’
How to solve the QuickBooks is not Responding
Solution 1- QuickBooks diagnostic tool
Ø Download the ‘QB install diagnostic tool’ to your system
Ø Save the file to the ‘desktop.’
Ø Shut the open programs & run ‘QBInstall’ tool
Ø Now restart the computer once you have ‘RUN’ the tool to confirm that components are efficiently updated.
Solution 2- Now Re-boot & disable the ‘Anti-virus’ Program
Ø Start with ‘Rebooting’ your computer
Ø Now open ‘QuickBooks Desktop.’
Note: If the error is not going away, then temporarily disable the ‘Anti-virus’ program.
Solution 3- Give another to ‘QBWUSER.ini’ file
Ø Now rename the ‘QBWUSER.ini’ file
Note: when you rename the ‘QBWUSER.INI’ file it eliminated the list of previously opened files. Hence you will need to ‘Re-open’ the company files.
- Open folder where the ‘QBWUSER.ini’ file is saved. If you cannot see the folder, then enable ‘hidden files &folders.’
- Now right-click ‘QBWUSER.INI’ and choose ‘Rename.’
- Add ‘.old.’ at the last/end of the file name
Ø Now Rename the ‘Entitlementdatastore.ecml’ file.
Ø If you see the program ‘Opening’ after renaming either ‘QBWUSER.ini’ or the EntitlementDataStore, ecml you can try opening a ‘sample company file.’
- If the sample file opens, however, you cannot open your company file then you can copy the file to a different folder & then open it from there. If the file is opening from a different location, then the problem came from a damaged folder.
- If you fail to sign in to your file, even after that, then the company file is damaged. You can choose to restore ‘an earlier backup’ of the file.
- And if you cannot open the ‘sample company file’ or the QuickBooks is not starting, then the actual QuickBooks installation is ‘damaged.’
Solution 4- Utilize Reinstall with Clean Install
Carry out the required steps for the ‘Clean Install.’
Solution 5- You can ‘create a new Windows Admin User.
The above steps and solutions should be sufficient in making QuickBooks is not Responding work and responding to your command.