TopicHow to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123?
The QuickBooks Error Code 6123 on QuickBooks appears when the user is updating company files to a newly released version of QuickBooks Desktop, or when restoring a backup, or accessing a file located on another computer.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error 6123
The file name extensions – .nd and .tlg may be unknown to you but they are part of QuickBooks files. These files contain the configuration and settings required to open QuickBooks in a multi-user environment.
When the .nd and .tlg files become corrupt due to some reason, it could result in QuickBooks 6123 error. A simple solution to fix this issue is to renaming these files. There is no harm in renaming these files as it does not cause any data loss. In fact, when you use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to rescan, these files will be automatically created. Here are the steps to rename the .nd and .tlg files.
- Navigate to the folder having your company file
- In the next step you have to search for files with extension .nd and .tlg. Make sure these files have the same names as your company files, such as:
(company name _file).qbw.nd
(company name _file).qbw.tlg
- Now, right-click the files and select the Rename option
- To differentiate files, add “OLD” or any other word of your choice at the end of the file. Remember you have to add the word to the extension and not the file name.
(company name _file).qbw.nd.OLD
(company name _file).qbw.tlg.OLD
- Open QuickBooks and sign in to your company file. If the error persists, move to next solution.
If manual techniques have failed to eradicate the QuickBooks 6123 error, you might need specialized QuickBooks repair software. Download Stellar Repair for QuickBooks Software and then scan and repair your QBW file. The software powered by superior algorithms detects issues within QBW files and repairs them to restore all critical information. This is the best alternative to manual techniques in case if they don’t work.